Sunday, April 21, 2013

When I'm not writing...


This year seems to be slipping through my fingers --extra hours at the full time job, two books in the editing phase and a new story in the works have my too short days flying past me at warp speed. Burnout sneaks up like damp, cold fog threatening to smother each and every creative spark. So I stepped back and relaxed this weekend. Here's a few pictures of the lovely time we had with our daughter, granddaughter and of course, Jasper on the first camping trip of the season. 
Chloe approved of the playground.
Yes. Daughter is on top of the RV. Her childhood nickname was monkey.  
One particular goose laid claim to the beach area.
Mr. Goose was a bit camera shy.
Very graceful bird.
Jasper tolerates camping as long as we allow him to explore.
Chloe inherited her mother's agility.
No camping trip is complete without a scooter.
This is Jasper's "Isn't it time to go back home?" look.
The weather was beautiful.
My babies fished.
And explored the coastline.
Jasper closely supervised the fishing.
*ahem* And others napped.

I highly recommend a weekend of recharging.  *happy sigh*

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL! Thanks, Cate. I just couldn't resist sharing my lovely weekend with everyone. :-)

      Delete
  2. Maeve this is so fun - looks like everyone had such a great time,except Jasper. So glad you could spend time with your babies. Thanks for sharing. We are terrible. We live in the forest and never think to spend time enjoying it. How sad.

    Huggles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - this looks so delightful! Well done on getting some time out. It sounds like you need it! :) We often say we'd like to take the kids and go camping around our beautiful area, but have yet to do it. Your photos have inspired me to get off my bum and do something about it! Its school holidays here, so the timing couldn't be better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it, LaVerne! It's so refreshing to enjoy the beauty waiting just beyond your back door. Cheers! :-)

      Delete