Wednesday, May 24, 2017

My latest “Master Storyteller” discovery!

Have you ever read a story and become so immersed in the characters and the world the author created that when the story ended it made you sad? Your heart sank because you didn’t want to leave that world or the new friends you’d just gotten to know. They were “real” to you. Still are. So you re-read the story—and re-read it again to keep from leaving.
I just had that experience with Curse of the Healer by Ashley York. Unfortunately, I don’t have the opportunity to read as much as I used to and one slight drawback of my being an author is the fact that I find it difficult to turn off my constant internal editor and really enjoy a book anymore. I’m not saying I’m an expert or better than anyone. I’m just saying that it’s an ingrained response for many of us authors to “rewrite” in our heads what we’re trying to read because that’s what we do to our own stories.
I didn’t have that problem with Curse of the Healer. Ashley York immediately drew me into the story. I was emotionally invested in Aednat’s fate from page one.
If you want to step back in history and lose yourself in a steamy romance filled with heart-stopping highs and gut-wrenching lows that will make you ignore any other responsibilities you have, then read Curse of the Healer. I highly recommend it and I enjoyed it so much that I’m working my through the rest of Ashley York’s fantastic stories! Trust me—she is a master storyteller!
Curse of the Healer
Book One
Descendants of the High King

After the death of Brian Boru in 1014, a legend arose of a healer so great she could raise a man from the dead, with a power so strong it could make any warrior the next high king of Éire...and to steal it away from her, he need only possess her

Fated to be a healer…

Aednat has spent her entire life training to be the great healer, knowing she must remain alone. When she meets Diarmuid, the intense attraction she feels toward him shakes her resolve to believe in such a legend. If she gives in to the passion he ignites in her, can she settle for being less?

Destined to be his…

Diarmuid of Clonascra is renowned for his bravery in battle. Only one thing daunts him: the prospect of taking a wife. The safest course would be to keep his distance from Aednat, the bold, headstrong healer who's far too tempting for his peace of mind. But his overking orders him to protect her from a group of craven warriors intent on kidnapping her to steal her power.

What starts as duty for Diarmuid quickly transforms into something more. Aednat's power might be at risk, but so is his closed-off heart.
Buy links and to learn more about Ashley York:


No comments:

Post a Comment