Monday, February 21, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day!

I'm thrilled to have Kensington Brava author, Rebecca Zanetti visit my cyber home. She's a pretty busy lady these days because her much anticipated release day is almost here. Tomorrow, FATED hits the shelves. You'll be able to get your hands on her fresh new twist to a sexy vampire read.

Poor Rebecca. She's kind of my guinea pig with this interview. I've never really done one before. But I figured it would be all right. You see...she's my AWESOME mentor in the Writing With the Stars Contest. Without Rebecca's great advice, guidance, and understanding, I would never have made it to the Final Round.  But enough about that - on to the interview:

Maeve:  Tomorrow's the big release day for FATED, Rebecca. How have you been holding up as you get closer to the big day?

Rebecca: Thanks so much for having me here today! I’m so excited for the release! A wonderful specialty wine and gourmet food store called the Gourmet Way has offered to throw a launching party with a wine tasting and several giveaways. The press will be there and a local radio station is doing an interview the day before. Though I need to get back to work afterwards. I’ve been really busy with guest blogging and promoting FATED, so I need to buckle down soon and work on HUNTED, which is book three in the series.

Maeve:  I love following a series. I'll look forward to collecting them all. Okay, Rebecca. You're not only a talented author for Kensington Brava but you're also a lawyer and a college professor. (The wife and mother roles are no less important but I'm trying to stay focused here.) How did a professional in what some would consider a quite somber field end up writing sizzling hot vampire romances?

Rebecca: Great question! (And thanks for all the kind words!) You know, the most successful lawyers and professors I know are the most creative. Linear, logical thinking needs some very creative tweaking to appeal to anyone listening to you, whether it’s a jury or a class full of college students. And to be honest, I’ve always been a bit on the fringe of anything sober…vampires are a good fit.

Maeve:  There's sometimes a certain stigma attached to the romance genre. I believe the term "trashy romance novels" is one phrase that tends to follow us around. Do you attempt to keep your roles separated for those who don't realize how much talent it takes to spin a delicious tale that entertains your readers?

Rebecca:  Nope, no way, not a bit and no how. I don’t feel the stigma. If it’s out there, I either don’t see it or subconsciously disregard it. I love romances. I’m fine with people who don’t. But this is what I write, and facts are facts. And yes, I’m sure my students will be giggling next month after reading FATED because hey, it’s a bit steamy. Though I bet they’ll buy book 2, CLAIMED, when it comes out in November. ;-) 

Maeve: A giggling student is a happy student. You're making their lives more pleasant. So, tell us...what triggers your plot bunnies to start wiggling their ears? Music? Art? People-watching?

Rebecca:  Yes. All of the above. I also live in my head a lot, and stuff percolates there. Sometimes I have to remind myself to get out of there and interact…but now at least people think…hey, she’s a writer. She can be eccentric. That’s better than people getting irritated because they think you’re not paying attention.

Maeve: I'm going to be sure my husband reads this. Now, he'll know "part" of the reasons why he's sometimes ignored.  Tell us a little bit about FATED. Everyone's anxious to hear more about your book.

Rebecca:  Like any romance, FATED is about two people falling in love and figuring out a way to stay together. It just so happens that one is a vampire and the other a single mother trying to protect her daughter from a multitude of dangerous destinies. Throw in a virus created to specifically harm the vampires, a whole lot of steamy sex and genuine emotion, and I think you have a fast paced, breathtaking read.

Maeve: FATED sounds like a MUST READ to me. Is there anything else you'd like to add? Do you have any words of wisdom or questions for your readers?

Rebecca:  I’ve been asked the magical formula for selling a book to NY from people who have great ideas for books. There isn’t a formula. But without question, the first thing you have to do is sit down and write until you have a finished book. There’s no way around that. Sure, classes and workshops and books are great in preparing you…but they’re also a way to put off writing because hey, you’re working on your writing career. If I could give anyone advice, it’d be to start WRITING now.

Maeve:  I think that's excellent advice, Rebecca and thank you so much for visiting my blog today. Now guess what, folks? Rebecca has agreed to give away a signed copy of FATED to one lucky commentor who correctly answers the following riddle:

Since Rebecca is my interview guinea pig today, I asked her if she likes carrots. She said yes but she liked this food item better.  It's green. It's often found in martini's. It's sometimes stuffed with pimentos and it's actually a fruit.  What does Rebecca like to gnosh on better than a carrot?

To learn more about Rebecca Zanetti - visit her website here:  http://rebeccazanetti.com/
For all you folks who love to shop online (like me!) here's a couple of links to find FATED:

26 comments:

  1. Excellent interview! Thanks for sharing Rebecca. I couldn't agree more with your comment on workshops and classes. If you want to finish writing a book you've got to plant your butt in the chair and just write your heart out. I'll be looking for FATED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the lovely pimento-stuffed olive. I like the black ones, but don't care as much for the green. So much for my tastes, your book, Fated, sounds like something I could really bit into. I haven't been into vampires before but read a book just a while ago and loved it. This one has a twist that appeals to me.

    Best of luck!

    Bobbye aka Daryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Rebecca. Fated is great, can't wait for Claimed. :) Enjoy the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview - I've got to get off my butt and commit to writing. :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interview!! Thanks so much for sharing Rebecca!

    You are definitely one busy lady. A lawyer, professor and a romance writer! How do you juggle it all?

    Your series sounds really great!! I love the cover for FATED!!!

    And wow, how cool is it to have your launch party in a gourmet food/wine shop!!

    Wishing you the best of luck!!!

    Andrea
    atsnider@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for having me here today, Maeve! :)

    Gale: I totally agree...and it never changes. I need to put my butt in the chair and finish book 3...by March 1st! Thanks for dropping by today. :)

    Hi Bobbye! I love olives...and pickles. But not together. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lynn! I'm waiting for copy edits for CLAIMED right now...I have a mock-up of the cover and will post it as soon as I get the go-ahead. I really like it. :)

    Hi Tara! Sometimes I go somewhere else where I have to tune out the world to write...a different environment sometimes motivates me. Good luck!

    Hi Andrea! Yeah, the wine shop is going to be a fun venue, I think. They even have a specialty wine maker coming... Thanks for dropping by today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fantastic interview, Rebecca. (And Maeve!) Of course, I'm partial to the name,so I had to come over. But I'm also very grateful for great advice. Sometimes I forget to just sit down and write, much as I love it, because I'm always trying to do the next thing or learn the next thing. But I do need to remember to put my bum in the chair and write the book. :-)

    Would love this book! :-)

    ~ Rebecca Lynn
    rlcameron@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! I, too, have a fondness for green olives. I don't need them in a drink, I eat them straight out of the jar. Great interview ladies! I've had this book on my wishlist for a while. Congratulations and good luck with Fated!

    StacieDM
    user1123 AT comcast DOT net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rebecca Lynn! First, you have a cool name! :) You are entered in the drawing...and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stacie! Thanks so much for the best wishes. Have a fantastic week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Rebecca. Great interview Maeve! I love vamp series. I have two YA series going now (going on two years with one of those). This sounds like I NEED all of them, but I'd start with just one. :)

    Oh, and I like my olives spicy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great interview! Can't wait to find out the winner of Magic! Woohoo! Two awesome ladies!

    You go! (I'm planning on buying a copy - please don't enter me, let the other ladies have a chance!: ) )

    Bon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Calisa! I love reading YA novels, but haven't found the voice to write one of my own. I truly admire people who can!

    Hi Bonnie! Thanks so much for dropping by--have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the interview, Maeve. And you are going to have so much fun during your release week, Rebecca. I love sexy vampire stories, and I can't wait to read Fated.

    caity_mack at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cathy M! I'm pretty excited about the release...here's hoping it all goes smoothly! Thanks for commenting today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yes...green olive stuffed with red pimentos. I also like black olives, preferably without pits.

    Hy-Vee has an Olive Island...my daughter and I would go nuts getting different ones to try. Found some really tasty ones!

    Fated sounds wonderful, it is on my TBR as soon as I can get it.

    Deb
    Mammy Wuvs To Read!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to everyone for your kind words about the interview. Isn't Rebecca awesome?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great! I am writing this comment then I will run to the frig and grab a pimento-stuffed olive. No martini (against doctor's orders)Great interview and I agree...get in the chair and WRITE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Had to go buy a jar of olives. I've been craving them lately (no, not pregnant either.) Good interview. Interesting that you're a lawyer as well as a writer. Do you write under a pen name rather than your own name? What is the reaction in the law field if they find out you write romance?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Deb! I like black olives, too. Just not a big fan of carrots. :) Thanks for dropping by today.

    Hi Nancy! The martini just ruins in the olive. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi She! I write under my name. Well, there was a look of confusion and one very conservative older man said..."I thought you were kind of conservative." And I said, "Sure. Conservative girls love vampires." :) That was it and everyone has been really excited about the release.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! What an interesting interview. After reading over some excepts and interview responses from Maeve, I will be adding her books to my TBR pile. Thanks, Rebecca and Maeve for sharing with us and the answer is an olive. =)

    Amy Ramsey
    Ramsey's Reviews
    www.ramseysreviews.com
    trinagon@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Amy! I'm glad you enjoyed the interview. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Amy! You're right - I love olives. I'm glad you enjoyed the interview - have a fantastic week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful interview, ladies. Rebecca, huge congrats on Fated's release! Sounds like an exciting read.
    My husband's a big fan of olives too - as a boy, he actually used to get them as a treat in his Easter basket, lol.

    ReplyDelete